Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Beautiful Tulips

The tulips and cherry blossom in my garden are out!


Whenever I'm in Amsterdam, I make sure I buy lots of tulip bulbs, all with exotic pictures on the front and promises of unusual show-stopping blooms in exciting colour combinations.  This includes the thrillingly named 'Queen of the Night', a black tulip.  I've lost count of the number of 'Queen of the Night' bulbs I've tucked under the soil in my garden over the years.  And every spring, I wait for them to come up.

So....spot any black tulips...?


Still, my plain old red and yellow tulips are proving to be willing and co-operative models as usual, and this week I'll be painting some more canvasses like this...

Tulips and Cherry Blossom (Oil on linen, 12 x 12)

8 comments:

  1. I do believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What does it really means to us? It only explains that true beauty is not in our physical aspects but in our inner aspects. In short, attitude or character because what you have shown is what people think of you. Beauty comes out naturally. Visit my site #triciajoy for some terrific offer that I am sure you can't refuse. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. Have a good day!

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very
    useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want to change what the mirror echos. You have adjust from the lining out. Is just an important sap fiori realization in transforming your beliefs, and a critical step in reducing and then eliminating self-doubt.

    ReplyDelete