Thursday 7 August 2014

Commonwealth Games

It's been a pretty hectic summer so far!

Here's a few photos which I took at the Commonwealth Games in my home city of Glasgow.


Angie hands over to a very proud Myrtle on the last day of the Baton Relay.  Outside Greggs.

Taking our seats before the start of the Opening Ceremony at Parkhead.

Those teacakes!

One minute to go!!


Kitsch-a-go-go!! John Barrowman appears out of a giant kilt. The crowd decide to just 'go with it'.  Because it's meant to all be a bit hand-knitted.

Barrowman!! And teacakes!!!!

And Nessie!!!  Made out of that great Scottish invention, the tyre....

 Is that Lulu?

Is THAT Lulu?

Our hearts melt.  You don't need fancy pyrotechnics.  Just Scotties.

Possibly the most exciting moment, ever.  Seeing the Scotland team waiting in the wings for their big moment to come on stage.

The crowd go bonkers.  To be fair, they went bonkers for everyone.




The comedy section of the night.  Sir Chris tries to get the lid off the baton.

Party on!

Rugby Sevens.  Always include at least two of your five a day in every crowd.

A couple get engaged....

...a man streaks with his clothes on....

...and a patriotic moment.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of any of the road races, as they were right outside my house and I just ran out to see them without my camera, just my house keys!  However, I did see this actually happen...

SMALL BOY TRIES TO EMULATE HEROIC ATHLETES. FAILS.








No comments:

Post a Comment