Tuesday 6 January 2015

Into the RSW

Hurrah!! 

I heard yesterday that I have a painting in the annual Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour exhibition at the Royal Scottish Academy in Edinburgh.  Very prestigious!

The slight hitch is, that having submitted the maximum 3 works to the jury by courier, I don't actually know which one has been selected (for complicated reasons involving submission numbers).

I think it may be the smaller of the pieces - which would mean it was this little watercolour, of Monserrat near Barcelona.  


Montserrat with Monastery Buildings

Montserrat is a strange towering formation of rock, meaning 'jagged mountain' in Catalan.  I was very taken with it, and did a huge oil painting, plus a whole series of little oils and watercolours.

Here's what the actual place looks like!


No comments:

Post a Comment