Monday 20 February 2012

At the Scottish Contemporary Art Auction preview

I took the opportunity today to drop into McTears in Glasgow to have a look at my Life Study which is coming up for sale in the auction tomorrow.  I couldn't remember what sort of a frame it was in, and I thought it would be good to see it again.  

Despite being 21 years old, it still looks fresh as a daisy!  Here it is...


As you can see, it's in a plain wood (obeche) frame with a gold slip and a plain double mount. The moulding of the frame is about 4" wide, and the outer measurement of the frame is about 32" wide by 42" high.

It's a good big picture, so it will be very interesting to see how much it sells for tomorrow night.  It's not often you see my work in an auction, so there's usually quite a bit of interest - but I'm sure someone's going to get themselves a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment