Thursday 23 May 2013

Out on the Mugello Circuit

Just back from driving to Italy in my mini for the weekend.

Here I am at the front of the starting grid at the Mugello Circuit in Tuscany near Florence. Mugello is famous worldwide as a Ferrari test rack, and also as the international circuit where the Formula One and Moto GP races take place.


Mine is the yellow mini at the left with the roof rack.


Leading out was Paul Lips's mini (the red Works Mini Cooper S rally car with 18 on the side). Paul was very sadly killed last year.

Here's the Mugello Circuit.  It's kind of twisty.

Here we go!


Given that I'd to travel 1400 miles back across Europe in the old girl, I didn't want to make the valves dance on the bonnet too much, so I was pretty pathetic.

Ten minutes later, I'm across the line...


A dream come true for a humble 25 year old Mini City!

No comments:

Post a Comment