Tuesday 7 April 2020

Meet the Paintings - Bed of Tulips

Celebrating the coming of spring, here's the first of my 'Meet the Paintings' - the appropriately seasonal 'Bed of Tulips'.




I've been to Amsterdam many times over the years, and every time I go I bring back bags of tulip bulbs to plant in my garden.  The exotic pictures of such exuberant blooms promised on the front of those packets in the flower market are irresistible.   




These are the tulips from those bulbs, including my pride and joy , my black 'Queen of the Night'.


The queen has been a little shy for the past couple of years, and sadly abdicated completely last year, but I'm still looking.

Every spring, my beautiful tulips give me such joy, especially with the backdrop of my magnificent cherry tree in blossom (at the moment, it barely has buds though).



They are a burst of pure colour, and a constant seasonal pleasure to look forward to.



No comments:

Post a Comment